The years continue to turn. The days continue to pass. Time seems to slip away more quickly. And now weâ€™re here in 2013.
The new year is a time of promises and change. Iâ€™ll lose weight, Iâ€™ll get rich, Iâ€™ll be better. Long before bloggers searched out time-applicable topics, folks were making lists of what they were going to accomplish in this particular cutout of the calendar.
Did we learn nothing from the Myans?!
Time doesnâ€™t end just because the calendar runs out of pages. My goals are the same today as they were before I had to go back and rewrite the date on all of my documents.
Search and Destroy aim to, well, search out and destroy all the things. (All in the name of avoiding bedtime, of course). As their parent, I aim to simply continue molding them into productive citizens of tomorrow. This point is becoming more relevant as they seem to be growing up before my very eyes. (Yes, I know this is an obvious statement, since they are doing precisely that – but you get my point.)
The stories in this here blog are no longer about babies; they are about little boys discovering the world around them.
- I said goodbye to Grandma Winnie (G.G.)
- I copped to my ongoing struggle with depression/anxiety.
- I divulged the crazy leprechaun in every energetic toddler.
- I proved my point to the world regarding the correlation of toddlers and frat boys.
- I dropped my son.
- I successfully became (moderately) conversational in toddler.
- I attempted an extended family beach vacation. (Griswoldâ€™s go to the beach!)
- I was recognized for my writing about prematurity. (Youâ€™re totally still going to see this topic this year too.)
- I got my iPhone 5. (SHINY TOY!)
- I realized that a small personâ€™s sole purpose in life is to kill himself/give mommy a heart attack.
- I uttered the phrase â€œPut down the shiv and hand mommy the gas mask.â€ I also turned 32.
- I traumatized my sons.
My goal in 2013 is to do better. Both in raising my kiddos and sharing the headaches and hilarity with you. I may not be the worldâ€™s best mother. But Iâ€™m doing my damnedest to share my entire journey along the way.
PREEMIE BOY MOMS UNITE!
I guess to sum it up, my resolution for 2013 is spend the year kicking ass and taking names. Because Iâ€™m going after it all. Also, there will be chocolate. And wine. And stories to tell.
Ok, who are we kidding, my 2013 resolution is to finish my book.