By popular demand, below are the clues to deciphering the long awaited, much anticipated and oft debated naming of the twins. Who knew that this would become such a popular guessing game – from the center of elementary school gossip in the grass seed capitol of the world (Albany, Ore.) to the topic of conversation among the ladies in Camarillo, Calif.
- We are expecting two baby boys. They are boys names.
- They are both real, actual, previously existing names. We haven’t created anything new. (We are also using standard spellings.)
- Our last name is Stream. Out of respect for our children and the desire to save money on future therapy sessions, the first names are not nouns.
- In order to prevent schoolyard bullying, we are very conscious about potential initial issues. The names do not invite any embarrassing initial combinations.
- Yes, they are twins. But they are going to be individual people. The names do not rhyme or match.
- No alliteration occurs – neither between the two first names nor with our last name.
- Each name has multiple syllables. (Hey, we are having multiple babies!)
- The first names are of Gaelic origin. You’re on your own regarding where the middle names came from.
- Neither child has a first name bestowed upon him in honor of someone we know.
- There are no Juniors anywhere in the near Stream future.
Please ponder and enjoy. Jon and I were very lucky in that we didn’t have much of a battle deciding upon our sons names – we certainly think they’re priceless regardless.
Feel free to share your thoughts and guesses – we’ll share the results when they arrive. Any winners will be offered first visitation rights. Bonus points if you get the middle names as well…